The Oats Series: The Basic Baked Oats Template
Baked Oats has been my recent oat creation and obsession. Although it takes more time than normal stovetop oats, the oats texture is a must! It is basically like an oat cake.
These measurements and ingredients are what I personally use as my own single serving but feel free to change it up to fit your own needs!
- rolled oats
- choice of milk
- any toppings or add ins that your heart desires: nut butter, chocolate chip, fruit, shredded carrots, super seeds…
Here are the simple steps for baked oats success:
- soak 1/2 cup oats with 1/3 cup choice milk for 10 min
- while soaking, preheat oven to 400°F and prepare toppings and fillings
- stir in any fruit, seeds, nuts, or nut butter you wish to cook in the oats
- put oatmeal combination into a greased (i usually use a little coconut oil) and oven safe ramekin
- cook for about 10–15 min
- take out once the top is crispy and let cool
- top with more fruit, seeds, and nut butter
It is as easy as that! Baked oats are my go-to for weekend mornings when I have more time to spend cooking. It takes about 30 minutes in total, so ensure that you have enough time on your hands.